Under Rose-Tainted Skies / Louise Gornall | Kitap Yorumu

08:04






Kitap Adı: Under Rose-Tainted Skies
Yazarı: Louise Gornall
Sayfa Sayısı: 320
Yayınevi: Clarion Books / Chicken House
Puanım: 3/5
Goodreads Puanı: 4,2/5

Arka Kapak:

At seventeen, Norah has accepted that the four walls of her house delineate her life. She knows that fearing everything from inland tsunamis to odd numbers is irrational, but her mind insists the world outside is too big, too dangerous. So she stays safe inside, watching others’ lives through her windows and social media feed.

But when Luke arrives on her doorstep, he doesn’t see a girl defined by medical terms and mental health. Instead, he sees a girl who is funny, smart, and brave. And Norah likes what he sees.

Their friendship turns deeper, but Norah knows Luke deserves a normal girl. One who can walk beneath the open sky. One who is unafraid of kissing. One who isn’t so screwed up. Can she let him go for his own good—or can Norah learn to see herself through Luke’s eyes?











Bu kitap hakkında aslında hiçbir beklentim olmadan başlamam dışında neden başladığım konusunda da bir fikrim yok, kapağı dikkatimi çekti bir de goodreads'teki puanına da bakınca dedim herhalde güzel bir kitap başlamalıyım diyerek yola çıktım.
Herhangi bir beklenti beklemediğim her kitapta yine de bir özgünlük bekliyorum açıkçası.  Kitabın özgünlüğü şöyleydi ki, kızın hastalığından ötürüydü. Daha önce böyle bir hastalıkta olan bir karakter okudum mu hatırlamıyorum ama kurgunun gidişatı beni ne yalan söyleyeyim tatmin etmedi. Bana kalırsa böyle bir karakter varken daha da güzel bir kurgu çıkarılabilirdi.
Kitaba şöyle bir değinecek olursam, baş karakter olan kız yani Norah, bir hastalığa sahip ama bu normal bir hastalık değil. Bir fobisi var, hem de güçlü bir fobisi. Fobisinin adı, agorafobi (agoraphobia). Bunun da anlamı alan korkusu. Açık alan diye de geçiyor. Bu hastalığı yüzünden okula da gidemiyor Norah. Buraya kadar her şey gerçekten özgün gidiyordu, ta ki yeni komşu Luke'u pencereden görünceye kadar. Norah öyle ki, korkusu yüzünden güvenmediği insanların yanında da çok fazla kalamıyor, zaten yalnızca annesine güveniyor ve yalnızca annesinin ona dokunmasına izin veriyor. Annesinin işi sebebiyle seyahate gitmesi gerekince bir şekilde Luke ile tanışıyor, bu nedenle de tabii ilk tanışmalarında da el sıkışmadı Norah. Çünkü aklında sürekli "Acaba elini kaç saat önce yıkadı? Temiz mi?" soruları dönüp duruyor. Norah karakterini gerçekten ben çok gerçekçi buldum, yani yazarın Norah karakterini çok iyi betimlediğini düşünüyorum. Ama nedense Luke karakterini sevsem de alışamadım, sanırım yeni komşu olması sebebiyleydi. Belki başka bir kurgu bambaşka bir yerde çıkmış olsaydı gerçekten sevebilirdim. Yine dediğim gibi Norah'ın gerçekçiliğiyle kurgu yürüdü bana kalırsa. Yani onun her hareketi, her düşüncesi tam karakterinin üstüne oturan cinstendi.
Kitapta daha ilk sayfalarda şu teslimat yapan çocuk nasıl oluyor da eve girebiliyor, evin anahtarı onda olabiliyor, bu nasıl prosedür buna pek bir anlam veremedim açıkçası. Gerçekten böyle bir şey var mı, bunu da merak etmedim değil... Bir de kızın hastalığını düşününce bu olayda nasıl korktuğunu tahmin edebilirsiniz yani.
Luke ile de sevdiğim tek şey, Norah'ı her şeyiyle seviyor olmasıydı. Hatta onu teselli edici cümleleri, ben de garibim manasında söylediği, o çok değişik olan mayonezli krem peynir ve elma soslu sandviçi için de sevdim diyebilirim. Yani karakterlerimize bakılırsa, onlara göre ikisi de birbirinden garipti.

"When people say 'weird', what they really mean is 'different'. And difference has never been a bad thing."

Farklılıklarını da bu güzel cümleyle özetlemesi Luke'un çok hoşuma gitti.

Kitabın dili hiç ağır değildi, okunabilir yani. Konusu ilginizi çektiyse eğer tavsiye ederim.








"Everything," I confess in a whisper. "I'm afraid of everything."
He looks so loaded with sympathy there's a real danger of him joining me for a dip in my ice-cold pool of depression.
"You know what scares me?" He says, sitting up suddenly.  Something in the air shifts. His voice is light. It makes the sombre fog scatter.
"What?"
"Spiders. Not the small ones." He doesn't quite beat his pulsing pectorals. "The big ones. Anything equal to or more than the span of an Oreo." He shudders. "I can't handle them."
This guy makes me smile so easily. I have to wonder if his cologne is mixed with laughing gas.


💦


I smile. I don't know if he's smiling back, but I'm kind of hoping he is.
"You're funny."
"It's both a blessing and a curse." I definitely hear him scoff a laugh.
"So, I guess I'll see you around, Neighbour."
"I'm sure you will," I lie. He leaves, and I slither back into the safety of my house.


💦


Then he smiles at me and I forgot why I am frustrated. His smile makes the summer seem insignificant. I can't stop staring.


💦


"It's not you. It's about the feeling safe," I tell him. Hives and concentrated patches of heat are blistering on my body. "I mean, I guess it's about you a little bit... or anyone I don't know. It's confusing... complicated." It's like trying to talk underwater; nothing coming out of my mouth sounds like it should. "We're still working on figuring it out."


💦


"How does a person, let's say a guy, in this case, go about making plans with a girl who can't leave her house?" He lowers his chin, looks at me from under his eyebrows. "Hypothetically," he reminds me. It's lucky I'm holding on to something so I can't fall down dead. Her heart just exploded is what they'd have to engrave on my headstone.
"Well," I whisper, because this has to be a dream and I'm afraid talking too loud will wake me up. "Hypothetically speaking, he would probably have to ask her. Then, I don't know, maybe if the girl likes movies, they could watch one together?" I shrug, wish I were wearing a sweater so I'd have a sleeve to hide behind. I toe the brass runner at the bottom of the door.
"Hey, Norah, you wanna watch a movie with me on Friday?"
"Yes."


💦


"We're different. I have limits, you don't. We can't pretend that's not a thing. I'm afraid if we do, you're going to start feeling shackled to me..."

You Might Also Like

0 yorum

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images